We want you to know that you can trust us with your personal information, and that we respect your privacy and rights in relation to your personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(“Act”) including the Australian Privacy Principles contained within schedule 1 of the Act.
What is your personal information?
In general terms, “personal information” includes any information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and profession or occupation.
What personal information does The Meat & Wine Co collect or hold?
The Meat & Wine Co may collect or hold personal information that you provide directly to us during any of our dealings, transactions or interaction. This may include:
- Your contact details such as name, age or date of birth, address, phone numbers and email address;
- Any information you provide to us as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction (for instance any feedback or requests for information);
- Details of the menu items you have purchased from us, the date and time of your order and the amount charges;
- Location information if you permit our application to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device;
- Any information you submit for the purposes of joining our loyalty rewards program (or other promotional programs) or collected as part of the administration of any such program;
- We may also collect and hold statistical information regarding the use of our website or application which may include your computer’s IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited.
If you are applying for an employment position at The Meat & Wine Co, we may collect or hold information relevant to such employment, including:
- Your contact details, including name, age or birth date, address, phone numbers and email address; and
- Employment and other information you submit to us as part of your application for employment.
The Meat & Wine Co may also collect or hold other information you have provided to us which can be used to identify you as a result of any dealing, transaction or interaction with us which is not specified above.
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to us then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being used and disclosed by us for the above purposes.
Why do we collect your personal information and what do we do with it?
The Meat & Wine Co collects your personal information in order to give you the best possible level of customer service, and to:
- Provide you with certain content, products or services requested by you;
- Confirm your identity;
- To respond to customer enquiries or complaints;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- Allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of our website or application;
- Enter you into and administer promotions or competitions;
- Manage your orders and facilitate payment;
- Contact you with direct marketing materials and personalised communications;
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Compile and analyse statistics and trends;
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority;
- Provide you with relevant direct marketing materials with your consent when you use a website or application or those of a third party; or
- For any other reason purpose made known to you at the time your personal information is collected.
How does The Meat & Wine Co collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect it in other ways including:
- Through your access and use of our website or application;
- In-store by registering for our loyalty rewards or any other programs;
- By phone or email, or via social media;
- Through participation in our rewards program or other promotions; or
- When you complete an application or purchase order.
We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Mobile application permissions
Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time an application wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose whether or not to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that an application seeks before you first use the application.
You can control these permissions through your device settings. For more information, please contact your device provider or refer to the user manual for your device.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described above, we might not be able to provide you with information about products, services, discounts or special promotions that you may be interested in.
In addition, we may be unable to tailor our website or application to suit your preferences and your experience of our website or application may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Who can we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, our franchisees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling your requests, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- Any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Links to other sites
Our website or application may, from time to time, offer links to sites that may be of interest to you but which are not operated by The Meat & Wine Co. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices.
If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the policies, practices and conduct of other companies linked to any Meat & Wine Co website or mobile application.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws.
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will try to use that method whenever practical to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
We do not provide your personal information to other organization’s for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us. If you would like to access, review, correct and/or delete the personal information we hold about you, you can let us know by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
If requested, we will take all reasonable steps to delete your personal information, except where it is required for legal reasons.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Keeping your Information Safe
We ensure our staff are adequately trained in how to keep your information safe and secure. We use a secure network and buildings to hold your information.
We aim to keep your information for as long as we need it. We store your information in either hard or electronic copies in secure buildings and systems, or using a trusted third party.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
The contact details for your feedback is as follows:
Seagrass Boutique Hospitality
- Group Phone: (02) 8767 9400
- Post: PO Box 3157, Rhodes NSW 2138
- Address: Suite 102, Level 1, 3 Rider Blvd, Rhodes NSW 2138